Players are expected to abide by the EA Online Terms of Service (“TOS”) while playing on Battlefield 4 Servers. You agreed to the TOS when you established your EA Origin Account.
The purpose of these Rules of Conduct is to illustrate how the TOS apply when you play on Battlefield 4 Servers. Multiple or critical violations (to be determined at EA's own discretion) of the TOS may result in the loss of online play or a stats and/or awards reset. TOS violation may also result in the termination of your Origin Account and the loss of anything associated with it (including but not limited to points, tokens or in-game items).
“Unranked Servers” do not track awards, scores and unlocks to be applied towards players' career progressions. This allows for a much wider range of settings to adjust giving players the chance to have freedom on the server. These servers will only be visible via the Server Browser.
- You are not permitted to use offensive soldier names or tags.
- You must not actively encourage other players to violate the TOS.
- You must not organize any platoons or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.
- You must not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any data streams or transmissions to or from EA services, or use any application or software while using the Battlefield 4 services which are not approved by EA.
- You must not exploit any bug or abuse any game system (such as the scoring or award systems) in an EA product or service including but not limited to:
- Intentionally using or sharing any bug found within any Battlefield 4 games, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage.
- Directly or indirectly communicating the existence of any such bug to any other user of EA's games or services.
- Examples of abuse in Official Servers and Ranked Servers in violation of the TOS include, but are not limited to:
- Taking turns killing, reviving, receiving ammo etc.
- Abusing world geometry to your advantage without risk (this is key as to if a Glitch is a bannable offence)
- Exploiting vehicle damage to repair indefinitely
- Creating a play environment which, by definition or action, creates an inflated scoring scenario such as 'flagrun'
- For more information and help, please see:
- Please utilize the Report feature on Battlelog to report a player, profile, platoon etc. for violating the TOS.
- Find the offending player/profile/platoon. To the right of the name you will see a grey exclamation point. Click this exclamation point and select the appropriate action (Report Possible Cheat / Report Profile).
- You can also report unapproved software or applications which provide an unfair advantage or manipulate the game in a way it was not meant, to the PunkBuster staff at: research at evenbalance.com
- To report a Battlelog avatar for violating the TOS, please right click the offending avatar and select Copy Image URL/Link.
- Go to http://en.gravatar.com/site/abuse/ and insert the avatar link in the "Offending URL" section.